LMCA is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients. Any personal information provided for the purposes of identifying users of this website will be treated in accordance with the terms set out below.
LMCA reserves the right to update this policy as and when required. Please review this page periodically for any changes. The policy is effective from 1 June 2013.
What Information Is Collected?
The following information may be collected:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as country, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How Information is Handled
Any information gleaned from users will assist LMCA in tailoring the website to individual preferences and requirements, with the following in mind:
- Internal record-keeping.
- The improvement of LMCA’s products and services.
- Any email address provided may be used for occasional promotional material or other pertinent information.
- Contact details may be used for market research purposes (whether by email, telephone or post).
- User information might be used to customise the website to suit particular areas of interest.
LMCA is committed to safeguarding user information. Suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures are in place to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure of data collected via this website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on a computer's hard drive. Once the user agrees, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets the user know when they visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to individual users. The web application can tailor its operations to specific needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about preferences.
LMCA uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being viewed. This is helpful when analysing data about web page traffic or when implementing website improvements. This information is only ever used for the purposes of statistical analysis.
By monitoring which pages are found to be most useful, LMCA can evolve its website for the benefit of its clients. A cookie does not in any way provide access to a user’s computer or any information about the user, other than the data that is shared voluntarily.
Users can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; browser settings can usually be modified to decline cookies if necessary. It should be noted that declining cookies may prevent the user from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
LMCA’s website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, users should note that LMCA does not have any control over websites accessed via such links. LMCA cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information a user provides whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Users should exercise caution and refer to the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Control of Personal Information
Users may choose to restrict the collection or use of personal information in the following ways:
- When asked to fill in a form on the website, users should look for, and click on, the box to indicate they do not want their information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If a user has previously agreed to LMCA using their personal information for direct marketing purposes, this can be reversed at any time by emailing the support team at email@example.com.
LMCA will not sell, distribute or lease personal information to third parties unless permission has been granted or it is required by law.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, users of this website may request details of personal information held about them in LMCA’s records. A small fee will be payable. If a copy of the information held about a particular user is required, please write to the Data Protection Officer, LMC Automotive, 4th Floor, Clarendon House, 52 Cornmarket Street, Oxford OX1 3HJ, UK.
If any information held by LMCA is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to the above address as soon as possible. Any information found to be incorrect will be rectified promptly.