Business Development Manager, Americas
LMC Automotive is a leading provider of automotive production, sales and powertrain forecasts and automotive industry market intelligence.
Our market analysis and forecasts, carried out from offices across the globe, are supported by experienced professionals with broad, long, and varied experience in the automotive sector. Our forecasting and analysis products are supplemented by an unmatched level of customer support from our global team.
By targeting the key issues defining the automotive industry, and working with dedicated partners, LMC Automotive provides the most focused, responsive, timely and cost-effective market planning and analysis products available anywhere.
The Business Development Manager works within a global team that promotes and sells LMC forecast services to existing and new clients primarily within OEMs, suppliers, and financial institutions. Working both as an individual contributor and a member of the global Business Development team, the Business Development Manager plans and executes sales strategies to develop the LMC Automotive presence and brand, expanding business with existing clients and identifying and prospecting new customers. This position requires a consultative sales approach focused on developing strong relationships, working to build a holistic view of a client’s (or prospective client’s) internal workings and external business, identifying their market intelligence needs, and recommending appropriate LMC Automotive solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in this role. Candidates should have a good general awareness of automotive industry trends and market dynamics, and be comfortable with presenting/public speaking.
This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development for the Americas.
- Develops account plans & strategies across products and accounts, aimed at maintaining, renewing, and growing subscription services.
- Meet regularly with assigned existing clients to build effective relationships.
- Understands and utilizes strategic selling approaches, dealing with multiple client personas.
- Builds effective long-term relationships with key senior-level decision makers and influencers.
- Oversees and directs activities related to assigned accounts, including activity related to customer support and engagement with the broader LMC Automotive team.
- Leverage a variety of external and internal resources to identify, qualify, and connect with prospective clients.
- Generates a significant sales pipeline to drive revenue in line with regional team quota objectives.
- Presents LMC Automotive’s company, capabilities, value proposition, and service offerings, identifying and aligning customer needs with specific LMC solutions.
- Prepares and communicates pricing and proposals.
- Ensures that accurate forecasting, pipeline management, CRM, and other sales processes and procedures are maintained effectively.
- Keeps current with product, industry, and competitive knowledge.
- Supports new product development by providing feedback to management regarding customer needs, market dynamics, and competitive assessments.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- 3-5 years of B2B consultative selling and/or account management experience in the automotive industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in sales, marketing, or other related business field
- Demonstrated ability to develop client relationships.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, customer service and presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate and handle difficult customer situations.
- Experience using Salesforce preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Cultural awareness essential.
- Experience within a matrix organization preferred.
- Frequent regional travel to customer sites and industry events; very infrequent overnight travel.
- Multiple language skills (e.g. German, French, Spanish, Italian) preferred but not essential.