The Powertrain Forecasting Analyst provides ongoing input to, and refinement of, vehicle production forecasts for the Greater China Region powertrain markets. The analyst will provide credible analytical support to clients and be responsible for delivery of in-depth presentations.
Role and Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
We have a friendly, progressive and collaborative work environment with competitive compensation packages. Send resume and covering letter to: email@example.com.
- Research and analyse Greater China powertrain market and develop credible forecasting database.
- Monitor and analyse technology changes, regulations, trends and consumer demands in the Chinese automotive powertrain market.
- Assess and compile information and intelligence into forecasts.
- Conduct technical forecasting/data analysis tasks such as tracking seasonality and accuracy, regression and spreadsheet model creation.
- Manage data sources to use as a forecasting basis.
- Assure the validity and quality of applicable data, intelligence and forecasts.
- Work closely with global counterparts to ensure consistency of Chinese forecasts.
- Develop contacts within the automotive industry.
- Prepare regional powertrain report on a quarterly basis.
- Support the sales, marketing and consulting efforts of the company.
- Assist in managing customer accounts.
- Assist senior staff in optimising forecasting models.
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably in engineering or in automotive related areas.
- At least 3 years’ experience in automotive research or market intelligence in the Chinese automotive industry.
- Experience of engine and/or transmission forecasting is essential, preferably with a leading automotive supplier or OEM in China, with focus on powertrain systems.
- Statistical knowledge including linear and log-linear regression analysis.
- Strong database skills and excellent proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Good organisational skills, capable of multi-tasking and effectively prioritising.
- Ability to analyse, assess and interpret information.
- Show flexibility and the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Strong relationship-building skills.