The candidate will be responsible for researching, analysing and projecting trends in the automotive markets of Japan and contributing to LMCA’s monthly and quarterly industry reports.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyse changes in government policy and regulations, consumer trends and their impact on vehicle demand in Japan.
- Monitor and analyse automakers’ products and investment plans and their impact on vehicle supply and market competition.
- Forecast sales, export and production by model.
- Develop and maintain contacts within the industry as sources of information.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of input data and forecasts.
- Work closely with the global team to improve information flows and consistency of analysis.
- Assist withJapanmarket-related single or multi-client projects.
- Provide support to clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Top analytical skills: experience in market analysis and/or economic analysis.
- Experience in and understanding of Japan automotive industry.
- Strong computer skills, and ability and interest in working with large databases and numerical systems.
- Japanese native with excellent communication skills; fluent in speaking and writing reports in English. Fluency in speaking and reading Japanese is required.
- Ability to work independently, manage own schedules and deliver to deadlines.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or Statistics.
We have a friendly, progressive and collaborative work environment with competitive compensation packages. Send resume and covering letter to: May Arthapan (Ms.) May@lmc-auto.com or telephone: +662.264.2050.